Bruno Martini (I-99 / Challenger Sails / AL360) is currently ranked 19th on the PWA Slalom World Tour as the Italian attempts to break into the world’s overall top 16 for the first time in his career. The 26-year-old experienced a breakthrough moment earlier this season as he won his first elimination on the world tour in South Korea to show he more than has the potential to battle it out at the very top of the game. We recently caught up with Bruno to be the latest sailor to answer 20 Questions:
1. Why are you so passionate about windsurfing?
I'm so passionate about windsurfing because I really feel free in the middle of two amazing elements like the ocean and the wind.
2. What quality do you like most in other people?
One of the qualities I greatly value in a person is the ability to suffer and the ability to overcome any difficult situation.
3. What annoys or frustrates you the most?
To be paid very little like the world of windsurfing we have now, unfortunately even the top rider doesn't get the right money.
4. What do you most like in yourself?
I don’t know actually…
5. What do you dislike in yourself?
Sometimes I'm arrogant and missing patience.
6. What has been your best moment on tour?
For now it was in Korea when I won my first elimination this year.
7. What has been your worst moment on tour?
It was not in any specific event, but when I realise that the foil was going to introduced as a real discipline.
8. Knowing what you know now, what advice would you have given yourself when your career started?
To start 5 years earlier.
9. What is the best advice you have ever been given?
To keep going and truly believe in yourself.
10. What would be your perfect day?
I don't really know. I don't really have one picture in my mind about my perfect day,
11. Do you have any superstitions?
No, not really.
12. Which living person do you most admire?
Conor McGregor and A2 Albeau.
13. What is your greatest fear?
To have to stop doing what I love and working like a slave for a living.
14. What is your most treasured possession?
Being free to do what I want.
15. If you weren’t a professional windsurfer, what would you like to be?
Maybe a professional skier or other sports for sure, nothing that involves the office.
16. Where is the best place you’ve been?
One of the best place is Tenerife in the Canary Island.
17. Where would you most like to go to that you haven’t been to yet?
I'd like to go to the States.
18. Who would you most like to have as a dinner guest, dead or alive?
19. First App you open in the morning?
20. A phrase you live by?
FEAR AND MONEY NEVER SEEN.
You can stay up to date with all of Bruno Martini’s latest news and adventures via his Social Media Channels: