Noerstick Cold Hawaii PWA Youth Wave World Cup 2020
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the senior PWA World Tour stop scheduled for the 13th-19th September will now be replaced by a contest for the World’s best Youths during the same dates.
Once again, Cold Hawaii in Denmark is ready to welcome the World’s best youth windsurfers to one of the best windsurfing spots in the World.
This time, the small, cosy fishing village in Klitmøller will host the 'Noerstick Cold Hawaii PWA Youth Wave World Cup 2020' with contests being run for the boy’s and girl’s in the following age divisions; U20, U17, U15 and last, but not least U13.
In recent years the level on the Youth PWA World Tour has skyrocketed with a great influx of youthful talent starting to emerge and with the added motivation of competition, they continue to push themselves to the limits - further improving their level. The upcoming week in Cold Hawaii should prove to be another great stage for the Youths to show off their progression - both in the jumping and wave riding departments.
So, if you are a budding youngster, that has either competed before or looking to make your debut, then please go ahead and register for the event @ nasa.coldhawaii.eu.
Klitmøller and the Cold Hawaii region has established itself as a well-known spot on the PWA Wave World Tour over the last ten years or so, and we are sure to see great conditions again, whilst having a fantastic week as we try to find a World Cup Winner in every class. With just one Youth Wave event taking place this year there will be no official Youth World Champions this year, but there will still be plenty of bragging rights for the eventual winners of the event!
The event is part of the Cold Hawaii Games, which will see more than ten different sports events taking place along the beautiful coastline of Cold Hawaii, and we look forward to welcoming surfers and crew alike to see the action during, statistically speaking, the best time of the year for both wind and waves in Denmark.
The event is created in a co-working environment between Friends of Cold Hawaii and the local surf club in Klitmøller North Atlantic Surf Association called NASA and PWA together with our sponsors.
- ‘Noerstick Cold Hawaii PWA Youth Windsurf Wave World Cup 2020' will take place from Sunday, September 13th - Saturday, September 19th.
- The classes are U20, U17, U15 and U13 - for both boys and girls.
- Main sailing location will be in front of the NASA clubhouse Ørhagevej 189, 7700 Thisted. If the wind turns more Westerly, we have an option to sail in the nearby town of Hanstholm.
- Full video, photo and social media coverage from the Cold Hawaii Games will be shared by the PWA and many more.
- Cold Hawaii Games is presented by: Thisted Kommune, Spar Invest and Nordjyske Medier.