Miss vs Don't Miss
Jules Denel (JP / NeilPryde), Dieter van der Eyken (Severne / Severne Sails) and Arrianne Aukes (Fanatic / Duotone / Maui Ultra Fins) are the latest sailors to share their thoughts on what they miss most about competing... and what they don't miss...
Jules Denel (JP / NeilPryde)
1. What I miss the most is that fighting mode mentality that you have [during a contest]. It’s a moment where everything is true and powerful, when you have to give the best of your quality. And for sure when you win a heat with this mood it’s so gratifying !! So now I practice tennis competition this year to feel this… hahaha
2. What I don’t miss the most is the bad feeling after losing a heat.. when your kill your annual ranking with a s***** heat in full on conditions on 5.6 sails after Las Americas.. hahaha (joking)
Dieter van der Eyken (Severne / Severne Sails)
1. What I miss the most about competing is the thrill of pushing yourself to the next level to score those few extra points & seeing everyone else do the same.
2. What I miss the least for the moment is traveling with all the boardbags & pulling stickers off of the sails at the end of the events.
1. The good vibes at the beach, the rush and adrenaline of competition and seeing all my friends from the Tour.
2. All the waiting at the beach all day! Not many people realise that it's often just one heat a day, or even less, and the rest of the time it's waiting for wind or for your heat.
Thanks Jules, Dieter & Arrianne.