Miss vs Don't Miss
Next up to share what they miss most about competing, and what they don’t miss are Sebastian Kornum, Lina Erpenstein, Mateus Isaac & Davy Scheffers:
Sebastian Kornum (JP / NeilPryde)
1) I miss the challenge and the feeling of delivering the best I possibly can. Also being nervous, extremely focused and having lots of adrenaline rushing through the body!
2) I don’t miss the airports, and I don’t miss sailing in cold weather!
Lina Erpenstein (Severne / Severne Sails)
1) I miss the excitement, sailing with everyone and being pushed to go higher and further in your heats. There’s never as much thrill as sailing a good heat.
2) I don’t miss the hassle with the gear preparation and stickers. It always bothers me but I know it’s part of the game.
Mateus Isaac (JP / NeilPryde)
1) I miss having good starts, overtaking people on the gybes, and advancing heats.
2) Checking in with all the bags.
Davy Scheffers(Tabou / GA Sails)
1) I miss travelling to all different places and have that competitive mind set. The challenge of competition being ready for that day and give some show.
2) Sometimes it’s been stressful to compete on a certain time and date if you don’t feel right at that moment. Also sometimes losing heats while you know could win and do much better and not having another chance to show and just have to accept packing the bags again going back home.
Thanks, Sebastian, Lina, Mateus & Davy.